Tracking progress in
ESI Funds financial instruments
1. What are financial instruments?
1.1 The rationale for FIs
2. Exploring the investments planned
2.1 What are the big investment themes?
2.2 How are the different EU Member States using FIs?
This chart shows the financial volumes approved in each Member State with the total and EU approved amounts and the equivalent amounts committed to the final recipients (i.e. SMEs). In the 2018 report on the summary of data on FIs it was stated that "many Member States need to further accelerate implementation in the coming years in order to ensure that the amounts allocated committed to FIs are used in full".
3. And what about the achievement of these instruments?
3.1 Explore the number of firms benefiting from ERDF FIs
3.2 Explore the number of jobs created from ERDF FIs
4. Who will be interested in FI data?
5. Need to know more?
- Investigate the dataset used to generate the graphs presented above, which has more details on financial implementation by programme, also down to the level of commitments and payments made to the final recipients (i.e. SMEs).
- The Commission provides more information and maintains a list of annual data summaries and resources on this webpage.
- The fi-compass platform maintains a library of documents, country pages, examples and events here.
- The 2007-2013 ex-post evaluation (work package) on support to FIs is available here.
- Contact our colleagues: REGIO-B3-FINANCIAL-INSTRUMENTS@ec.europa.eu
- Find more #ESIFOpenData stories here.
- Tracking progress in ESI Funds financial instruments