#DYK climate action is supported with
major EU investments?
Why track climate action?
So. How do we track financial inputs in cohesion policy?
- 100% in cases where the support makes a significant climate contribution (i.e. sustainable energy, climate related risk prevention, climate related RTDI, ...)
- 40% in case of a moderate contribution (clean urban transport, rail, intermodal and other public transport, ...)
- 0% in cases where the support does not contribute or where the contribution is insignificant (most codes).
1. An overview of climate actions planned and progress
2. Which are the main ERDF/CF climate relevant investment?
For the ERDF and Cohesion fund the most important intervention field by financial allocations (after calculating the weighting) are presented in the chart below.
... and what about the investments by Country?
Yes, you can also access the country aggregate plans and progress, right down to specific programmes by intervention field. Below you can use the country filter to view other countries and make comparisons of their overall progress over time by using the year filter. It really is a detailed tracking process!
What about practical examples?
- ESIF Open Data: ERDF-CF-ESF Categorisation Dataset with metadata (API enabled)
- ESIF Open Data overview of investments by Low Carbon economy, Climate change adaptation and risk prevention and network infrastructure (transport and energy).
- Guidance Note on the categorisation system.
- EU Court of Auditors Special report No 31/2016: Spending at least one euro in every five from the EU budget on climate action: ambitious work underway, but at serious risk of falling short
- DG REGIO 2018 study on climate proofing infrastructure