Evaluation of cohesion policy
in the Member States
A large amount of evidence, with diverse approaches
What comes under the evaluation lens?
Impact evaluations have been increasing in 2014-2020
This is also the case for using advanced methods
What themes have received most coverage in 2014-2020?
At the half-way point of the programming period, most of the evaluations focus on social themes, partly due to the requirement for Member States to undertake impact
evaluations of the Youth Employment Initiative by the end of 2015 and 2018.
Focus on: Research and Innovation
What are the latest evaluations completed?
Have a look at the list of the most recent evaluations. The final evaluation reports are available in the Evaluation Library, where the evaluations completed by the Member States can be filtered and searched. In most cases, the reports are in national languages, but are accompanied by a summary in English.
- Have a look at the evaluation summaries or delve into the full reports on the Evaluation Library.
- What is the Commission doing on the evaluation of cohesion policy? Read more.
- You can follow the latest updates on the ex post evaluation of ERDF and CF 2014-2020.
- Check out what was discussed at our latest evaluation conference.
- Annual syntheses of evaluations with the annual reports on the use of the Funds
- The EP REGI Committee commissioned a study on "The Role of Evaluation in Cohesion Policy" delivered in April 2020.