What is the performance framework?
What is the volume of EU funds available for the performance reserve?
The chart below sets out the total EU budget amounts planned for the performance reserve by fund. The sums concerned were set out in the financial plans for each programme concerned, but were set aside until the performance review in the second half of 2019.
And how does the performance reserve breakdown by country?
The chart below shows the total EU budget allocated to the performance review by country and by fund. When reading the chart note the following:
- Drag your cursor to the country label to see an overview of the reserve by country and fund;
- Cohesion Fund shows (no value) when the fund is not allocated to that country; Likewise for EMFF in Luxembourg.
- Interreg / TC : does not have a reserve.
How does the 2019 review work in more detail?
- Milestones for financial progress (total certified expenditure);
- Milestones set for achieved values for output indicators;
- or the achievements of key implementation steps in case of no values expected for output indicators.
What are the 2019 performance review key deadlines?
- 30 June 2019: national and regional programmes report on the milestone values achieved by the end of 2018;
- Within +2 Months: the Commission adopts a decision confirming the results of the performance review;
- Within +3 months of the Commission decision, the programmes propose a reallocation of the reserve away from the priorities in those cases where the milestones were not met;
- Within +2 months: the Commission confirms the reallocations by formal decision.
And after the 2019 performance review?
- Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 215/2014 of 7 March 2014
- Amending Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 1232/2014 of 18 November 2014